Monday, June 30, 2008

My Cast ):

Okay, so right now I have a cast on.
It happend 3 weeks ago. I was playing
my first basketball game of the season.
It was 20 seconds in the first quarter
when I set a pick for one of my teammates,
I dropped back and recieved the ball. I
was going up to make a corner shot when
a guy stepped on my foot, I turned my
foot out of the other foot when someone
else came from behind and turned my ancle,
I heard three pops, and fell down. I sat on
the bench for the rest of the game and then
went to the hospital. It turns out that I
spranged my ancle and tore two ligaments
connecting my ancle to my foot. If I was older
they said that they would just do surgery on it,
but I may still grow (hopefully) so they put it
in a cast so I couldn't move it. The upcoming
Monday I was going to go to waterworld with
my friend, but I won't be able to until at least
the end of August. Anyways, I am getting my
cast taken off on Thursday. They will be doing
a MRI or something to see how my ligaments
are doing. If they are getting better then they
will put a walking brace on it and make me do
phisical theropy, if not they will put another cast
on. This next year at school I won't be able to
do crosscountry or hurdles in track. Oh well, at
least I'll be able to play basketball for school
during the winter. See ya!

0 comments: